Saturday, December 12, 2009

Boz

Love, look what you've done to me. Never thought I'd fall again so easily.
Whenever I hear Boz Skaggs, I'm walking in the door, stepping up into the kitchen, walking past the basement door, hearing the music fill the air, anticipating seeing you standing there waiting for me. Music was such an integral part of our lives.

You loved rock and roll, jazz, and big band. Some of the jazz used to drive me crazy when you had it cranked while working in the garage. Poor neighbors. Poor me. I could take it for so long then, sorry Bill, I had to walk over and turn it down. But I still have the jazz cassette tapes with your handwriting on them.

If I want to step into a time machine and be transported back 20 years and get all sentimental and melty and in touch with the pain I have felt since you've been gone, all I do is play Silk Degrees. And there you are, in my memory so strongly I could reach out and touch you. If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment